Project Learning Tree (PLT) GreenWorks! grants 2018 for environmental service-learning projects
Project Learning Tree offers GreenWorks! grants up to $1,000 to schools and youth organizations for environmental service-learning projects that link classroom learning to the real world. Students implement an action project they help design to green their school or to improve an aspect of their neighborhood’s environment.
The projects provide opportunities for student leadership and partner students with their whole school, local businesses and community organizations, and natural resource professionals. The funds can be used by students to implement recycling programs at their school, conserve water and energy, establish school gardens and outdoor classrooms, improve a forest, restore a natural habitat, and more.
GreenWorks! projects encourage students to use their creativity and imagination and develop other 21st century skills such as collaboration and teamwork, critical thinking, and problem solving. They provide students with opportunities to employ STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) and introduce students to green careers. By blending community service with the academic curriculum, students are “learning by doing” through these projects.
- To be eligible to apply for a grant, applicants must have attended a PLT workshop, either in-person or online, that provides training, lesson plans, and other resources to help integrate these projects and environmental education into your curriculum or youth programs.
Applicants must have attended a Project Learning Tree training either online or in person.
- incorporate service learning
- exemplify student voice
- involve at least one community partner
- secure at least 50% matched funds (in-kind acceptable)
- be completed in one year.
How to Apply
- Submit your completed application and W-9 online.
- Please login to your account to submit your grant application.
- If you do not yet have an account, you will need to enter your workshop participant information here.
Please note: Applications will NOT be accepted via email.
For More Information: