Application Deadline: June 30th 2016
Women in Science (WIS) is a joint funding fellowship program between the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) and CRDF Global. The research fellowship will be for four months in a U.S. university department in one of the four topics highlighted above.
The fellowship will expose WIS fellows to university research environments under the mentorship of leading female researchers in the U.S. QNRF and CRDF Global will jointly fund the fellowships, and CRDF Global will coordinate all necessary travel arrangements and accommodations (travel expenses, lodging, medical insurance and living stipends) for all selected fellows for the duration of the fellowship.
Responsiveness to Challenges
- Help ensure that fellows continue pursuit of their research at institutions inside Qatar.
- Enable fellows to share the skills, knowledge and professional connections gained in the U.S. with their colleagues.
- Offer the means to demonstrate potential as a new or permanent hire in Qatar.
- Offer working experience with best-in-class scientists, one of whom will be the Research Mentor, and, where relevant, with state-of-the-art research equipment.
- Contribute socially and scientifically to Qatar’s research mission with the potential for worldwide impact.
- Provide networking opportunities and potential support for future employment.
While the primary benefit of this activity is to build human capital, its secondary aim is to support young female reserachers to work, upon completion of the fellowship, within Qatar-based research groups in areas of national priority as outlined in the Qatar National Research Strategy (QNRS).
|Application submission||8th May – 30th June, 2016|
|Application review and selection||July – September, 2016|
|Fellow selection announcement||October, 2016|
|Logistical arrangements||October, 2016 – March, 2017|
|Fellowships start (rolling basis)||January / February (Spring) – July (Summer), 2017|
|Fellowships end (latest)||October, 2017|