Application Deadline- 30 November 2018
Are you passionate about changing public attitudes towards refugees and asylum seekers?
Do you want to develop your leadership potential in the field of refugee rights, media, education or the arts and social change?
Do you have experience starting or managing a project (as a job or in your free time)?
Are you from a refugee background?
Counterpoints Arts are inviting applications for a new programme for emerging leaders to support the production of Refugee Week 2019.
Funded by Ben and Jerry’s Foundation, this new leadership project aims to ensure the perspectives and expertise of people who have experienced displacement are at the heart of Refugee Week.
If you answered yes to the questions above, and can commit at least 15 days between now and June 2019. we’d love to hear from you.
- Are passionate about changing public attitudes to refugees and asylum seekers
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have experience of initiating and/ or managing projects in one of the following areas: campaigns and advocacy, arts/culture and social change, media or education (this could be paid or voluntary experience)Aspire to become leaders in the field of refugee rights or arts/ culture and social change. Have lived experience of displacement (you might be a refugee or asylum seeker, from a refugee family or are living ‘in exile’ in the UK, regardless of immigration status)
- Develop their leadership skills through free training and mentoring
- Gain work experience in the field of arts and social change, campaigning, education or media Work alongside key national organisations working on refugee and migrant rights and arts/ culture and social change
- Contribute to a leading national initiative seeking to shift public attitudes to refugees and asylum seekers
For More Information: