Actors of Urban Change is a program by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in cooperation with MitOst e.V. After two stages (2013-15 and 2015-17) of the program, the third program round takes place from autumn 2017 to summer 2019.
Actors of Urban Change is designed to strengthen participants’ skills and practical experience as well as to foster knowledge sharing in the field of cross-sector collaboration and participatory urban development. It is for individuals who:
- work in the cultural, the public or the private sector
- apply as a local team with a joint project proposal for their city
- are highly motivated to develop their skills in cross-sector collaboration and participatory urban development
- are interested in international exchange and networking
- are ambitious to engage in local project work as well as the international elements of the program
- have a good command of English
- are based in one of the 47 Council of Europe member states, Kosovo or Belarus.
How does it work?
For 18 months, groups of three actors each, one from the cultural, the public and the private sectors, form a local cross-sector team for the implementation of an innovative project in their city. All teams from different European cities obtain support for professional training, their local project as well as through international exchange within the Academy Meetings. At a local level, the teams receive project grants and individual support for their projects through customized tools from experts such as coaching, moderation, counseling and process analysis.
During the international Actors of Urban Change Academy Meetings, advanced training is given on topics such as project and process management, as well as transition management, citizen participation or design and implementation of cross-sector collaborations. Shadowing Internships in cities of other participants allow sharing of experiences and mutual learning, and help to extend perspectives from a local to an international level. Throughout the process, participants receive practical support for project-related and formal issues from the program management.
Robert Bosch Stiftung offers financial support to enhance your local project as well as international qualification activities focusing on workshops and peer learning activities. To support your local collaboration we offer a total amount of up to EUR 13,000. This includes:
- grants for the implementation of your local project (up to EUR 5,000)
- process-related and tailor-made support by experts (up to EUR 5,000)
- mobility grants, i.e. financial support for Shadowing Internships in other cities in the network (up to EUR 3,000)
Additionally, we will reimburse all travel expenses and accommodation related to the international seminars. This financial support is embedded in international activities. These include participation in five international Actors of Urban Change Academy Meetings (4-5 days each) with a strong focus on peer learning, as well as mobility grants to spend Shadowing Internships in other cities in the network.
For More Information: