School of Social Entrepreneurs Community Business Trade Up Programme 2018
Application Deadline: Wednesday 11th October 2017, 1pm
Are you running a community business – an organisation that directly benefits your local area? Do you want to increase your impact and sales?
We could support you through the Community Business Trade Up Programme, run by School for Social Entrepreneurs, in partnership with Power to Change. Applications are open now!
This programme helps the leaders of community businesses and community-focused social enterprises in England, with:
- A fully-funded learning programme: 12 days spread over six months
- A grant of up to £10,000
- A community of people running organisations like yours
There is no cost to you at any point.
School of Social Entrepreneurs will help 100 community businesses across England grow by supporting them to increase their sales, so their impact can become more sustainable.
School for Social Entrepreneurs has spent 20 years supporting people who start and run organisations to help people in need and improve communities.
A community business is run by and for a local community. Its profits are reinvested for the benefit of that community. Your organisation must be committed to and working towards these criteria:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to the local community;
- Trading for the benefit of the local community;
- Making a broad community
Your community business must be at an early-stage: it will have already started, and will have plans to grow its trading (income from sales) by at least £10,000 in the next year.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn about building sustainable growth, with an emphasis on trading revenue streams. This programme is designed to help organisations create a robust foundation and business model that works, creating the impact you want. It coves:
- Foundations: entrepreneurialism, impact and design thinking
- Financial Management and Business Model
- Sources of Funding
- Growing your organisation
How to Apply:
- The deadline is 1pm, Wednesday 11th October 2017.
- Ocan send you a deadline reminder nearer the time, if you like – just select that option when you download the Application Pack below.
You apply by submitting an Application Form, which is in the Application Pack. If you get through to the next stage, you’ll be invited to interview in November 2017.
For More Information: