Schuman Traineeships in the European Parliament
Application Deadline- Varying
Parliament offers several options for traineeships within its Secretariat, to provide opportunities for vocational training and for learning more about what the European Parliament is and does.
The goal of the Schuman traineeships is to contribute to EU citizens’ European education and vocational training and to provide an insight into the work of the European Parliament.
These traineeships are awarded for a period of five months.
Applicants for a Schuman traineeship must:
- be aged 18+;
- hold a university level diploma(s);
- fulfil the language requirement;
- provide an eligible criminal record;
- not have worked for more than two consecutive months within an EU Institution or body;
not have carried out a visiting junior or senior academia of six months prior the beginning of the traineeship.
Traineeship dates and deadlines for receipt of applications:
- For the 1 October- 28/29 February traineeship – Application period: 1 June – 30 June
- For the 1 March- 31 July traineeship – Application period: 1 November – 30 November
In order to apply for a Schuman traineeship, please visit the traineeship offers main page.
Candidates can apply for 3 traineeship offers per campaign.
Applications submitted after the deadline or spontaneous applications cannot be considered.
Every year 21 000 people apply for a traineeship at the European Parliament and 900 of them are selected.
Recruitment and selection procedures are adapted to ensure that they do not disadvantage candidates with a disability.
For more Information: