Submission Deadline: 30th of April 2017.
SciChallenge is a European-wide contest for young people, who are excited about NATURAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING or MATHEMATICS
You can choose a topic from our 50 topic sheets or you can also work on a topic of your choice and create a poster, a presentation or a video.
- The SciChallenge contest is aiming at young people, who are either between 10 to 14 years or 15 to 20 years old (pre-university only).
- Single individuals or groups that include a maximum three persons can participate in the contest.
- Participation is open to residents of a Member State of the European Union & Associated Countries.
- The topic of your application has to cover one of the following fields: Natural Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- The topics for contributions can be based on one of the SciChallenge 50 topic sheets
- The 12 final Pan-European winners of the SciChallenge contest will be invited to the final award event in Vienna 20.-21. July 2017 and to present their contribution.
- The winners are expected to present their contributions at the event and answer questions from the jury.
- SciChallenge will cover the basic travel expenses for the winners of the SciChallenge contest. We will also provide traveling support for one parent or one legal guardian for all children below 18 years. The travel expenses include a flight or train and an overnight stay in an appropriate accommodation. The maximum amount of travel expenses, which will be covered, is Euro 1.000,- per person. Group participants can only be accompanied by one legal guardian.
- In addition to the trip to Vienna, the 12 winners will receive a certificate that recognizes their achievement in the SciChallenge Pan-European contest. All 12 winning contributions, who are represented at the award event in Vienna, will have the chance to get one of the three:
Audience Awards (Vouchers):
Rank 1: EUR 3.000,-
Rank 2: EUR 2.000.-
Rank 3: EUR 1.000,
Step 1: Let your imagination run free!
Step 2: Choose a topic from one of the 50 topic sheets or select an Open STEM-topic
Step 3: Always keep in mind that the selected topic has to be approached from one of the following fields: Natural Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Step 4: Discuss your participation with your parents or your teacher
Step 5: Prepare a POSTER, a VIDEO or a PRESENTATION
Step 6: Upload it to Slideshare or Youtube between the 1st of January and 30th of April 2017 and include the #scichallenge2017 in the title and description
Step 7: Register for the contest on www.scichallenge.eu and submit your contribution
Step 8: Show it to your friends and motivate them to participate in SciChallenge
Step 9: Gather as many likes, views and reactions as possible
Step 10: With a bit of luck you will be selected as one of the 12 pan-European winners, who win a trip to Vienna as well as additional prizes
Step 11: Participate at the big Award Ceremony and present your work in front of an international audience!
For More Information: