Application Deadline: 4th May 2018.
Are you a recent graduate with a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Media Management? Are you eager to apply your skills and gain knowledge across a wide range of businesses, markets and cultures? Are you ready to shake things up? Then SMART START – RTL Group’s Digital Trainee Programme – is for you.
Here at RTL Group, we’re looking for bright minds — pioneers who are passionate about the digital media business and love to disrupt. Do you dream of joining the ranks of RTL Group’s Digital Experts? With this programme, you’ll gain the broad, international experience of our digital businesses* – from video on demand (VOD) to advertising technology and digital content production.
SMART START is an intensive, international, 18-month rotation programme that focuses on RTL Group’s digital businesses. A unique development opportunity, the programme will give you valuable international work experience as well as a chance to shape RTL Group’s digital future.
First, you’ll spend up to four months at our Corporate Headquarters in Luxembourg. Here, we’ll familiarise you with the Group’s strategy. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with senior management, and get a taste for the thrills, chills and challenges of working in a fast-paced media environment. During this introductory phase, you’ll join our strategy team and actively contribute to their digital projects and initiatives.
Next up on the agenda? International rotations. In this phase, you’ll complete three to four rotations of up to six months each in RTL Group business units outside of Luxembourg.
Each business unit will identify one or more strategically important and challenging projects for you to participate in, such as Marketing, Sales, Business Development or Strategy, taking into account your profile, expectations and aspirations.
For example, you might:
- Shape the growth plans of our video-on-demand services in Europe
- Analyse the workings of our multi-platform networks in North America and Europe. How might these risk-takers join forces in order to expand their footprints in the YouTube ecosystem, and beyond?
- Explore ways in which state-of-the-art advertising technologies will drive revenues in the ‘Total Video’ future
This is your chance to see how the Group works. You’ll get to know our pioneering spirit, and acquire comprehensive knowledge of our business operations. You’ll also benefit from the kind of hands-on experience you can only get from working on challenging projects as part of a team.
*RTL Group’s digital business is comprised of:
- the video on demand (VOD) services of its broadcasters such as 6play in France, TV Now in Germany, RTL Play in Belgium, and the SVOD platform Videoland in the Netherlands;
- the multi-platform networks (MPN) who are leaders in the YouTube and online video field including BroadbandTV, StyleHaul, Divimove and United Screens;
- global content production powerhouse FremantleMedia and its digital activities such as their 296 YouTube channels complementing their programmes;
- virtual reality specialist Inception;
- international sales arm RTL AdConnect;
- US-based advertising-technology company SpotX.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, ideally with a focus on Digitalisation, Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship, Data Science, Media Management, Finance or Economics.
- Practical experience of up to two years, ideally in a digital start-up company, digital agency or consulting firm with a focus on media.
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ambitious, pioneering, risk-taker with an entrepreneurial mindset; you enjoy experimenting and thinking outside of the box.
- Passionate about new media/digital business innovation and trends.
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to deliver high quality work.
- Team player who fits easily into a multicultural environment and values diversity.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills. Any other foreign language is a big plus (especially German and/or French).
- Geographically flexible, as travel is required and projects may entail a cross-business unit scope.
- A multicultural working environment with more than 12 000 employees from 57 nationalities working in 30 different countries worldwide.
- The opportunity to dive into the diverse and dynamic challenges that come with being a global leader across broadcast, content and digital.
- A chance to make your mark by shaping the digital future.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including accommodation (when outside of your country of residence) for the duration of the programme.
- An opportunity to live, work, learn – and make an impact – in several exciting and attractive countries.
- Access to trainings and social events.
How to Apply:
The application process consists of three steps:
Step 1 – Online application
Please submit your CV and cover letter along with your University transcripts and an English language certification here. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself, your interest in RTL Group and why you’d be a good fit for the SMART START Digital Trainee programme.
Deadline for application is 4 May 2018.
Step 2 – Video Interview
The Top 20 candidates will be asked to provide further details about themselves, their motivations and interests. This interview will be conducted via an online interview tool.
Step 3 – Assessment Center
The all-day Assessment Center interview will take place at our headquarters in Luxembourg in early June. It will include interviews, individual tasks and team exercises.
For More Information: