Social Entrepreneurship Forum (SE Forum) Internship 2018 – Sweden
Application Deadline: January 12th 2018
Interested in knowing more about social entrepreneurship? Always wanted to learn more about businesses aiming to resolve society’s most pressing problems? Dreamt to meet and get to know founders of social ventures?
Now is your chance as Social Entrepreneurship Forum is looking for an intern!
Social Entrepreneurship Forum (SE Forum) is a non-profit organization based in Sweden that advocates responsible business solutions to address local and global challenges. SE Forum promotes, inspires and empowers entrepreneurs from all over the world to use business to do good.
SE Forum will in 2018 in partnership with Seeds of Peace run the GATHER programme incubator – a conflict transformation incubator for the cohort of GATHER fellows. The programme aims to support participants to hone their social ventures, develop their entrepreneurial skills, and make connections with colleagues, mentors, funders, and business leaders.
As an intern for SE Forum you will be involved in the daily operations of SE Forum in general, and the GATHER Fellowship incubator in particular. The internship will involve a broad spectrum of tasks, including event coordination, fundraising, administration, internal and external communication. The intern will work together with and report to SE Forum’s Programme Director.
The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Programme Director in the running of the 5-day GATHER incubator, including daily logistics, communication with participants, coordination with trainers and venues, etc
- Identify and research potential funders as well as help prepare funding proposals to different organizations and/or corporations
- Manage daily administration
- Assist other team members with for example social media updates and events.
- has a strong and demonstrated interest in the field of social entrepreneurship and/or social development
- is a creative team-player who can work well independently
- is structured and well-organized and is willing to initiate and execute new ideas.
- has a can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset
- is a “doer” with a demonstrated ability to combine and execute operational and administrative tasks at high standards with vision and strategic thinking
- has demonstrated experience with event planning
- has sound communication and social media skills
- reads, writes and speaks fluent English.
During the internship you will have lots of learning opportunities including but not limited to:
- Gain better understanding of the concept of social entrepreneurship
- Practice program management, organization and communication skills
- Understand the context of work with social ventures in different parts of the world (learn from participants’ experiences)
- Comprehend how to manage and organize a training program for social entrepreneurs
- Meet people from entrepreneurship communities, establish connections for further cooperation
- Learn more about the eco-system of social entrepreneurship in Sweden
Application deadline: Apply no later than 12 January.
Interview period: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Internship period: End of January to mid-March, 2018 (exact dates could be discussed).
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: “Internship Application”.
For additional questions related to this position, please contact SE Forum’s Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, Svitlana Pinchuk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: