Topic: EU and NATO policies towards the Black Sea and South Caucasus regions
Stratpol – Strategic Policy Institute is starting a new flagship project for motivated experts and aspiring professionals in international relations and security – STRATPOL Young Professionals program (#SYP2018). The program is tailored for young professionals (under 30 years old) from Central Europe, the Black Sea Region, the South Caucasus and the Baltics.
For the past ten years, Stratpol and its predecessors focused on educating young professionals through our Summer University for Young Professionals, which was taking place every year in Slovakia. We have decided that it is time to move things forward and offer motivated young experts a more comprehensive program combining lectures and seminars from top experts in the field, practical education and simulations, networking, research and other exclusive opportunities.
The project aims to offer practice-oriented education in international relations and security with a focus on EU and NATO policies towards the Black Sea region and the South Caucasus. We seek to build effective relationships between participants and expand their professional network and knowledge. We believe that the knowledge and ideas of young people are essential in thinking about current challenges in international relations and security, and their innovative approaches are crucial for thinking about the future of these regions.
Selected participants will get an exclusive opportunity to travel to the South Caucasus Security Forum on 16-17 May 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Young aspiring professionals in international relations and security under 30 years old.
- Students of the final years of university and early-career professionals.
- Working knowledge of English
- Applicants from Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan.
- Experience in international relations and security
- For selected participants an opportunity to take part in the prestigious South Caucasus Security Forum 2018 which will take place on May 16-17, 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia. Series of workshops, seminars, and lectures with leading experts in the field. Participants will also take part in the main conference program, including keynotes by leading regional politicians. Stratpol covers return transportation, accommodation for three days and meals during the conference. For more information about the South Caucasus Security Forum visit: http://bit.ly/stratpolSCSF
- Opportunity to take part in the Summer University for Young Professionals which will take place on June 2018 in Slovakia. The Summer University program includes decision-making simulation, debate contest and interactive workshops under the guidance of well-respected professionals. Stratpol covers half of the transportation cost (up to 100€), accommodation and meals during the Summer University. The Summer University is a highly a successful and established project with an 11-years tradition. More info: http://bit.ly/SummerUni2017
- Opportunity to implement your research with assistance from Stratpol fellows. The best policy papers will be published and promoted by Stratpol.
Stick to the format of an essay, if you are not sure, consult the internet. The essay should not be longer than three pages (5400 characters). Pay attention to the style. Number your pages. Include your name and the question you are answering. Citations are possible, but not necessary – the essay should be an opinion piece.
Topics (choose one)
- How can young people help to solve the conflicts in the Black Sea and South Caucasus regions?
- What is the unique role of Central Europe in relation to the European neighbourhood?
- How are new technologies changing the security of Europe and its neighbourhood?
- How do hard-security, nationalism and state security affect Europe and its neighbourhood?
For More Information: