Swedish Institute Call for applications: Participation in tech conferences in Israel, Colombia and Egypt (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: Varying by Conference
As part of The Swedish governments Export strategy SI can offer these festivals/conferences as a means of increasing the participation of Swedish companies in the global economy. The Swedish embassies in the partner countries act as partners and are responsible for receiving participants in that country, for giving them an introduction to the country and the business climate, and for providing assistance to the organisers of the festival/conference being visited.
The expected and desired effect is increased exports and investments in Sweden, and the initiative is to:
- Strengthen Sweden’s role as an innovation facilitator focusing on global challenges for society.
- Provide a significantly advanced concept with a format involving an effective process for investment and export that includes Team Sweden.
- In time, increase exports, both in absolute terms and as a share of GDP.
- In time, enhance Sweden’s ability to attract investments, skills and tourists.
- In time, boost the number of Swedish export companies.
The Swedish Institute invites 15 start-up companies to travel to one of three different start-up conferences in Tel Aviv, Bogotá and Cairo in the autumn of 2017.
- Tel Aviv Innovation Conference in Tel Aviv 3-7 September
(For those of you who are interested in taking part in this conference, you may also participate in this longer programme, but without funding from the Swedish Institute: http://unbouncepages.com/global-launchpad/)
- Heroes Fest in Bogota 28-29 November
http://heroesfest.co (Information in Spanish, contact Ziba Zareie or Oskar Röhlander for more information)
- RiseUp Summit in Cairo 7-10 December (preliminary)
Please note! The final date of application for the Tel Aviv Innovation Conference is 11 August!
The final date of application for the Heores Fest in Bogotá is 6 October 2017 and for the RiseUp Summit 1 November 2017.
If this is of interest to you, mail your application to email@example.com outlining why you/your specific company should go to the conference concerned, in line with the following criteria:
- Write 500-1000 characters about your company, what you do, how long you have been active etc.
- Are you in other markets besides Sweden? If so, which?
- What does your internationalisation plan look like?
- Describe how your company meets one (or more) of the 17 global goals for sustainable development
- Why is that specific conference the one you are interested in?
- CV of the person who will be taking part
- A good command of English is a requirement
- The application may not be longer than 2 pages of A4 size
- After your return home, write a brief report on how this visit has affected your approach to the market in question
The Swedish Institute offers
- Travel, return trip to the location concerned
- Accommodation, 3 hotel nights at the location concerned
- Pre-departure meeting and post-conference meeting, as agreed.
How to proceed:
- Before mailing your application to us, visit the conference page of your choice and read about the criteria involved. You need to meet these criteria as a first step in order to apply via the Swedish Institute.
- You mail your application with the documents and the above information.
- The Swedish Institute examines these and notifies all applicants of its decision no later than 5 days after the application period ends. We will base our selection on experience in the relevant area, interest in the issues and the region, and the potential for long-term cooperation.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Ziba Zareie, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: