Application Deadline: 26 June, 2018
The Canada Council for the Arts has partnered with the Salzburg Global Seminar to give young cultural innovators from Canada an opportunity to build their leadership skills and engage with others from around the globe.
From 2017 to 2020, the Canada Council and the Salzburg Global Seminar will make an annual selection of five young Canadians to attend the renowned Salzburg Global Forum for Young Cultural Innovators (YCI Forum).
The YCI Forum offers an opportunity for five participants from Canada to be part of an intensive program taking place at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria, from October 16 to 21, 2018. Combining theory and practice, with keynote presentations focusing on “big picture” issues facing the cultural sector and with skills-building sessions on entrepreneurial thinking ; human-centered design processes; strategic planning and organizational development; and leadership and values. Selected participants will receive a full scholarship to participate in the YCI program, including the session fee, room and board, and travel costs.
To qualify, all applicants must:
- Be 25-35 years of age;
- Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Have at least 2–3 years of professional experience in arts sector;
- Want to become an active member of the Canada YCI Hub and global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining these;
- Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community;
- Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination;
- Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross-sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector;
- Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential with prizes, awards, recommendations, citations confirming this.
How to Apply:
All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at my.salzburgglobal.org.
A personal statement (approx. 500 words) detailing:
- Your motivation for applying to the Young Cultural Innovators Forum;
- What you hope to take away from the program;
- What you will contribute to the local and global YCI network;
- How your participation will have an impact on your local community.
A brief bio (sample on application form).
A headshot photo of yourself.
A CV/Resume including name and email address of two references.
For questions concerning the application please contact Bernadette Prasser (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include only the information outlined above. All applications should be directed to Salzburg Global Seminar.
How funding decisions are made
Candidates will be jointly selected by Salzburg Global Seminar and the Canada Council. Selection will take into consideration regional and cultural diversity as well as a range of artistic disciplines.
For More Information: