Application Deadline- May 11, 2018
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), through, VYBZING, has launched a contest to encourage young people to creatively explore how climate-smart agriculture can secure a sustainable future for Grenada.
VYBZING is an outreach programme through which CDB engages directly with youth on regional development issues. The Programme, part of the agenda for the Annual Meeting of the Bank’s Board of Governors, aims to inspire participants to take action to build a better Caribbean.
Legal residents of Grenada between the ages of 16 and 29 are eligible to enter the 2018 VYBZING Music Video Challenge, for which the theme is Climate Action Today = Food for Tomorrow. Through a three-minute video, youth will spotlight their ideas for making agriculture more resilient to the impacts of climate change, and for improving food security across communities in Grenada. Participants in the contest have the opportunity to win prizes ranging from USD1,250 to USD2,000, and a People’s Choice Award of USD250.
1. Three (3) minutes or less in duration
2. Acceptable filed formats are: mov, avi, wmv, or mp4 with a data rate of at least 10 Mbit
3. Audio: stereo
How to Submit
1. Record, edit and save your video in any of the accepted file formats listed above
2. Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo. Note, you may not use: Caribbean Development Bank, CDB, or Vybzing, in the title of the video or in any on-screen titles within the video.
However, the video description may include an explanation that the video is an entry for the CDB Vybzing Grenada Music Video 2018 Challenge.
3. Copy and save the video’s URL
4. Visit VYBZING’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/CDBVYBZING and click on the ‘2018 Challenge’ tab
5. Complete the entry form, include the link to your video and submit your entry. You will be required to submit your name, a valid email address, daytime telephone number, and school, if applicable. Participants under the age of eighteen at the start of this Challenge
must have parental consent.
6. You are required to review and agree to the Challenge RULES AND REGULATIONS as outlined on the VYBZING Facebook page in order to participate in the Challenge.
7. Entries close on May 11, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time. Late entries will not be accepted.
8. All entries must meet all eligibility, submission and deadline requirements.
For More Information: