The EuroTechPostdoc Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019
Application Deadline- 28 February 2019; 5:00 pm MET
The EuroTech Universities Alliance invites highly talented experienced researchers to submit interdisciplinary collaborative research project proposals for one of the fellowships provided by the EuroTechPostdoc Programme.
The EuroTechPostdoc Programme is a postdoctoral fellowship programme for young experienced researchers who have already demonstrated excellence and potential in their field of research. It provides its fellows exceptional international research and career development opportunities to promote their outstanding individual potential into a distinct, innovative and competitive profile of a researcher.
The EuroTechPostdoc Programme is co-funded by the European Commission under its framework programme Horizon 2020. All fellows of the EuroTechPostdoc programme will be Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellows.
The four universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance – Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Technical University of Munich (TUM) – will grant 80 fellowships divided over two calls for experienced researchers. Per call, each university grants 10 fellowships for a 24-month period to collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects across the Alliance.
Applicants may apply within one of the five focus research areas of the EuroTech Universities Alliance:
- Health & Bioengineering
- Smart & Urban Mobility
- Data Science & Engineering
- High Performance Computing
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the salary scale of the host institution and is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum. Prolongation is not possible. Should the department wish to employ the fellow after the termination of the EuroTechPostdoc fellowship, a new contract must be drawn. Fellowships cannot be granted retroactively. Fellowships must start at the latest six (6) months after the decision date.
Admissibility and Eligibility Criteria
EuroTechPostdoc is open to researchers regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, political views, language, age and nationality.
To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Experience: Applicants must hold a PhD degree from a recognised university or plan to obtain a PhD degree by the time of employment or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience*.
- Mobility: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host university for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline.Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Institutional Endorsement: Support from both the host and co-host. Please approach them early on. A standard process will be provided in the application portal. You will have to provide the email address of your supervisor and co-supervisor (please check spelling). The programme management office will approach host and co-host professors and ask them to provide the institutional endorsement. The Institutional endorsement comprises a confirmation of the availability of infrastructure, supervision and resources to successfully complete the project.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
- Research direction follows the H2020 Ethics.
How to Apply:
- Applications must be:
- Submitted in the electronic submission system before the deadline of the call,
- Readable, accessible and printable,
- Complete, i.e. include the following:
- Research plan (maximum ten pages, additional pages will be discarded).
- Prioritised CV – including career breaks and list of all publications of the applicant.
- Completed and signed ethical issues form.
- Scanned copy of PhD diploma or an official statement of the awarding university on expected date of obtaining the degree.
- The research area to which the application is assigned.
- Names and contact details of their intended host and co-host.
For More Information: