Application Deadline: April 29th 2016
As an emerging artist, there are many paths to explore as you begin your career. You have acquired skills, experience and education in performing arts, technical theatre, theatre design, or production management; but how do you creatively mange the business of being an independent theatre artist?
The Toronto Fringe wants to support you! The T.E.N.T. (Theatre Entrepreneurs’ Network & Training) Program connects emerging artists with established theatre artists and industry professionals, to provide invaluable guidance, insight, community engagement and mentorship. Our goal is to nurture a generation of empowered, creative, self-producing indie artists.
During the 12 days of the Festival, the T.E.N.T. Program provides 24 participants (ages 18-29) the opportunity to further develop the skills necessary to pursue a career in professional theatre.
The T.E.N.T. Program is offered at no cost, and all participants are provided a Rush Pass to the 2016 Toronto Fringe to view productions throughout the Festival.
The 2016 program features:
- Self-producing workshop
- Grant Writing workshop
- Marketing and Public Relations workshop
- Your Personal Brand workshop
- Technical Elements and Stage Management workshop
- Indie Finances workshop
- Creation Through Innovation workshop
- Artist Wellness workshop
- Professional Artist Mentorship
- A hands-on, engaging producing project culminating in a FringeKids presentation
- Ages: 18-29 years
- An emerging artist exploring a career in professional theatre
- Possess experience in the performing arts (secondary/post-secondary education, or community theatre)
- Be available during the Toronto Fringe Festival (June 29-July 10, 2016): 4-day program cycle with flexibility to accommodate employment opportunities outside of participation
- A cover letter including: your name; age; address; phone number; email address; area of performing arts that best describes you (actor, technician, designer, producer)
- A written response describing why you desire to participate in this program as an emerging theatre entrepreneur; what you hope to gain from the experience; and future aspirations as you explore your theatre career
- A current CV (one page only)
- Please attach all written documents as ONE file
Applications sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: