Application Deadline: June 25th 2016
Tianjin University is one of the designated Chinese institutions of higher education, authorised by the Ministry of Education of China and Tianjin Municipal Education Commission to recruit the foreign students under Tianjin Government Scholarship Program. Recruitment is set for Bachelor Degree, Master Degree and Doctoral Degree in the university.
Programs, Duration and Standard of scholarship
|Programs||Duration of specialty studies||Duration of scholarship||Standards of scholarship|
|Bachelor’s||4 years||1 year||Referring to the tuition amount of Tianjin University|
|Master’s||2.5 -3 years||1 year|
|PhD||3 years||1 year|
Choice of specialty
program for bachelor’s degree program:Chinese language
English program for bachelor’s degree program: Chemical Engineering.
English programs for master’s degree program: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Plan, Software Engineering, Electronic Information Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology, and Civil Engineering.
Qualification for the applicants
1. Non-Chinese citizens with good health;
2. Education and age requirements:
For Bachelor’s applicants: holding a high school certificate, under the age of 30;
For Master’s applicants: holding a Bachelor degree, under the age of 35;
For PhD applicants: holding a Master degree, under the age of 40.
The applicants must fill in and submit the following application materials according to the facts
1. Application Form for Foreigners Wishing to Study at Tianjin University and Application Form for Tianjin University International Student Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English by typing, with the photo on);
2. The notarized certificate of the highest diploma. If the applicant employed also provide proof of employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English（also original one and a copy）;
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan. The applicants who apply for Master’s and PhD need to submit a study or research plan for the period studying in China, not less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
5. Two recommendation letters: Applicants who apply for Master’s need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors. Applicants who apply for the PhD need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors;
6. Applicants for art studies are requested to submit two sketches of the applicants’ own works.
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.ietju.com/apply.asp). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.
8. Photocopy of passport.
9. Applicants who want to join in the Chinese programs must submit HSK certificate (a minimum requirement of HSK 4 (Score 180 or above) or HSK5 (Score 180 or above liberal arts) certificate).
Applicants for non-native English speakers who want to join in the English programs must submit the certificate of TOEFL (Score 80 or above), or IELTS (Score 6.0 or above).
10. Certificate of Non-criminal Records.
The applicants need to mail all above application materials to: International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University.
Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
For More Information: