Application Deadline: June 4th 2017
22 September 2017 – 30 June 2018 | Netherlands, Poland, Germany
This Training of Trainers (ToT) lasts a year and consists of
• three residential seminars
• an international training project you design and run with some other participants
• ongoing e-learning
• ongoing mentoring with one of the course trainers as your mentor
• learning commitments
The dates for the three residential seminars are:
1st seminar 22 September – 1 October 2017 in the Netherlands.
2nd seminar 19 -28 January 2018 in Poland.
3rd seminar 23-30 June 2018 in Germany.
This course requires a considerable time investment from the participants: in total you should plan at least 55 days:
• 28 seminar days (including travel)
• 12 days overall for the training project (preparatory work, prep meeting and the course itself)
• 15 days (on average 1-2 days per month) for following the personal learning commitments, the online work, peer learning, mentor talks etc.
Within this ToT-course participants have the chance to further develop their competences as a trainer. In line with the European Training Strategy in the frame of Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme the ToT-course considers the following competences to be essential when working as a non-formal education trainer within the Youth in Action programme:
• The competence to understand and facilitate individual and group learning processes.
• The competence to design educational programmes.
• The competence to direct one´s own learning (Learning to Learn)
• The competence to co-operate successfully in teams.
• The competence to communicate meaningfully with others.
• Intercultural competence.
Participants enter the ToT-course with various levels of prior experience as trainer as well as competences developed – consequently, the learning needs of participants are different. The educational approach implemented in the ToT-course intends to allow for these different learning needs to be identified and pursued. At the core of this process is the competence of the participant to direct his/her own learning. The group as a source for peer learning and the trainers as facilitators of these learning processes are essential pillars of this approach.
Participants are expected
• To have been already involved at least three times in a team of trainers designing, implementing and evaluating a training course in the framework of Non-Formal Education.
• To have had international experience in the youth work field with a function of responsibility (not only as a participant) – organising international youth projects, leading a youth exchange, mentoring EVS volunteers, etc.
• To have the potential and need to develop training competences and act after the course as a trainer for European Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects and/or for training courses organised by the National Agencies of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
• To show initiative and willingness to self-direct their own learning process.
• To be prepared to reflect on and question their own beliefs and approaches as trainers.
• To be able to run training courses in English.
- This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
- Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
- Applications must be submitted by the latest 4 June 2017.
- Before filling it in, though, check with your National Agency or SALTO RC about the exact procedure for the application.
- National Agencies in the following countries have planned to support participants in the ToT course 2017/18: Belgium-FL, Belgium-FR, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain.
- Candidates with residences in other countries have no chance to participate in the present edition.
- The selection of participants lies in the responsibility of the respective National Agency.
- The final list of participants will be fixed the latest by the end of June 2017.
- Participants will receive further information thereafter
For More Information: