The Youth Volunteering Innovation Challenge (YVIC) supports young volunteers throughout the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in their journey to catalyze youth-led innovation for social impact and sustainable development.
The Youth Volunteering Innovation Challenge (YVIC), under the theme “Impact ASEAN,” supports young volunteers throughout the ASEAN region in their journey to catalyze youth-led innovation for social impact and sustainable development by providing access to mentors and capital they need to start or scale up their projects.
- A team of 2-3 people.
- All team members should be aged 18-30.
- All team members must be currently residing in their own home country listed below: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore.
- Projects should demonstrate collaborative approaches of working with various partners from government, grassroots organizations, communities, networks.
- If selected, the winning teams must be able to work with their mentor right after the workshop
- If selected, the winning teams must be able to start implementing their project right after the workshop.
Start Up stage (National Workshops)
- Up to 3 winning teams from each country will be awarded with Start Up Micro-Grants and provided with mentorship for the duration of 1 month after the workshop to prototype their ideas.
- At the end of the mentorship period, the most qualified team out of the 3 teams is selected to attend and pitch their Impact Projects at the Regional Workshop.
Scale Up stage (Regional Workshop)
- The 3 winning teams from the National Workshops alongside 7 selected teams from ASEAN countries will be invited to compete in a Regional Workshop.
- 3 winners will win a Scale Up Grant worth up to 10,000 USD and mentorship on growth and expansion for the following 3 months
The 2-step process helps to accelerate the development of the innovative youth-led projects from being merely an idea to prototype and to scale up. Therefore, YVIC consists of:
- 3 National Innovation Workshops in Indonesia, Myanmar and Thailand to start up youth ideas into tangible actions in their home country.
- 1 Regional Innovation Workshop open to all ASEAN country applicants to scale up their innovation prototypes.
Aside from funding, the winning teams from the National and Regional Workshops are eligible for our Mentorship Program to guide them in their projects development both online and in-person. The YVIC Mentorship Program connects the national and regional winners with strong mentors within their communities and from UN Volunteers’ partner organizations in the ASEAN region
How to apply
- All proposals for the Regional YVIC should be submitted through this online application.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- Supplementary documents can be made in the format of photos, videos and any other creative media and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will contribute only to the Presentation category of the scoring process.
For More Information: