Location: UN City, Copenhagen Denmark
From February 2016 – July 2016
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
UN Women Nordic Office, located in UN City in Copenhagen, works through on-going dialogue,
lectures, public events, private sector partnerships and outreach to keep governments, parliamentarians,
media and other partners informed about UN Women’s work and its essential role within gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The Nordic Office also co-operates closely with sister UN organizations, national and international organizations in the Nordic region. The internship will start in February 2016 and end at the end of July 2016. Under the supervision of the director of the UN Women’s Nordic Office, your main duties are:
- Monitor national media in Nordic countries on issues related to the work and mandate of UN Women and report weekly on relevant media coverage;
- Carry out national political surveillance on issues related to the work and mandate of UN Women and report on relevant developments in government policies in the respective countries , especially related to international development and gender equality;
- Monitor trends and issues which impact gender equality and women’s empowerment and assist in identify opportunities for UN Women
- Completed at least two years of undergraduate study
- Be currently enrolled in a university or graduate school and have attended courses in the past 12 months
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- Preferably excellent written communication skills in a Nordic language
- The internship is full time. You must have full insurance coverage during the entire internship and provide evidence of this.
- Send your application in English consisting of a CV and a cover letter (preferably in one document) to Ms. Hedda Skandsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 19th 2015.
- Please mark the subject of your e-mail and application: Internship Spring 2016_Your_Name_Your Country Interviews are scheduled to take place in November.
- Please note that we are unfortunately not able to respond to each applicant individually. If you have been chosen for an interview, you will be contacted directly by UN Women.
For More Information: