Application Deadline: 19 May,2019
The aims of United Nations Youth Delegate Programme Ireland are:
- To provide a platform for young people from Ireland to be represented at the United Nations;
- To directly involve young people from Ireland in the international diplomacy and foreign policy and decision-making agenda;
- To hear and include the voice of young people on development, human rights, and global citizenship issues at local, national, and international levels;
- To promote development and youth policies among young people in Ireland;
- To familiarise young people in Ireland with global development issues, the Sustainable Development Goals, and opportunities for action;
- To support global citizenship activities and development initiatives in Ireland.
This Programme will support young people to be agents of change, and to foster active global citizenship through engagement with the UN, contributing to building a world of justice, equity, peace, and dignity.
The National Youth Council of Ireland, together with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, are delighted to announce the call for applications for the United Nations Youth Delegate Programme for Ireland 2019 – 2020 which will support two young people aged between 18-25 years to join Ireland’s delegation to the United Nations in New York in September/October 2019 and January/March 2020 (Dates TBC).
Please send your application form by May 19th 2019 – 5pm
E-mail subject: UN Youth Delegate Application 2019 – (Your name)
For more information: