United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) Fellowships 2017 for Europe and North America (EUNA) .
Application Deadline: Sunday May 21st 2017 11:59pm EST
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to launch the Call for Applications for the 2017 edition of its Fellowship Program. The Call is open to participants between 25 to 35 years old, from the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and North America, with a strong interest in intercultural exchanges. The theme of the Fellowship 2017 being “The role of civil society and the media in combatting hatred and fostering inclusion”, candidates must also be able to present professional achievements in these fields.
The Call will lead to the selection of young civil society leaders and professionals from Europe, North-America (EUNA) on one end, and from the Middle East and North-Africa (MENA) on the other end. Participants from each geographic area will travel to their counterparts’ region.
The goal of the Fellowship is to provide participants with first hand exposure to cultural diversity, while interacting with a wide range of local actors and partners. In every country they visit, participants will acquire crucial comprehension tools to help them understand the plurality of their host country’s culture, politics, society, religion, and media.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- From the U.S., Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe (plus Belarus)
- Born between January 1st 1982 and December 31st 1992
- Fluent in English
- Working directly with civil society and/or the media and able to present professional achievements in that field.
- In the possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond October 2017 (May 1st 2018 and beyond)
- Available to travel for a period of 18 days in October or November 2017 as scheduled by UNAOC. Final dates will be confirmed 4 weeks before departure.
- Must not have participated in any of UNAOC programs before.
The jury will also make sure that the final selection is:
- Gender balanced
- Region balanced with one participant from North America for two participants from Europe
- Limited to two participants per European country and to three participants per North American country
- Professionally balanced with no more than a third of participants working in the same sector or industry.
For More Information: