Application Deadline: 01 July 2016, 15:00
The yearly program EURAC Federal Scholar in Residence is set up for experts who wish to present and publicly discuss federal and regional questions that are of importance to legislators and civil servants, as well as the international academic community. It promotes comparative research at the European Academy of Bolzano/Bozen (EURAC) and aims at weaving experts and their networks in order to develop and advance comparative federal and regional studies.
The program welcomes applications from academics, post-docs and practitioners in federalism, regionalism and intergovernmental relations and is set up in honor of the works of Sergio Ortino, the founder of Federal Studies in South Tyrol.
In short, the EURAC Federal Scholar in Residence Program is:
- a public acknowledgement of excellence not carrying any monetary prize, but covering the costs of a research stay at the EURAC-Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism
- a possibility to present own research findings publicly and engage into face-to-face discussions with a group of international experts in constitutional law and comparative politics at EURAC
- an occasion for academics, post-docs and practitioners to extend and share their knowledge of multilevel government and governance in South Tyrol, a trilingual Italian autonomous province bordering Switzerland and Austria
- an opportunity to develop new project ideas while being part of the EURAC international research environment in early February when also EURAC’s Winter School on Federalism and Governance takes place
Applications are to be sent directly to the program manager by 01 July, 15:00 CEST. Please note:
- an unpublished paper or manuscript can be submitted in English,German, Italian, French and Spanish; in accordance to the program’s rules it is compulsory to insert the following declaration as a footnote in the submitted manuscript OR as a separate certification (with your signature): “I hereby confirm that the submitted work ( TITLE ) is not yet published.”
- it has to be sent electronically and without any identifying information in it
- the applicant’s knowledge of English must be at working level
- only full papers are accepted, no research plans (there is no rule concerning the length of the submitted work)
- a paper or manuscript can only be re-submitted if substantively revised
- an abstract in English, a short CV and a motivation letter of maximum 2 pages have to be sent in a separate document; in accordance to the Italian Law on personal data handling (decree 196/2003) make sure to attach the following consent to your CV: “I authorize EURAC to use my personal data in accordance to decree 196/2003.”
- applications must be submitted via email only
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM OFFER?
The winner of the EURAC Federal Scholar in Residence program is granted a research stay of up to 3 weeks at the EURAC-Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism, preferably in early February. EURAC is located in the Autonomous Province of Bolzano/Bozen (South Tyrol), Northern Italy.
- The possibility to publicly present and to publish his/her work in the online series EDAP or one of the EURAC book series, if considered appropriate by the president of the jury
- A work place and free access to the EURAC Library, including online library services
- The use of our administrative structures (secretariat and project development service)
- A return ticket economic fare
- Accommodation in a single room in a standard guesthouse or in modern student halls of residence in centrally located areas of Bolzano/Bozen (within walking distance to EURAC)
For More Information: