Application Deadline: Tuesday 31st May 2016
In 2011, Vital Voices and Bank of America came together to develop a signature partnership to accelerate women’s leadership development throughout the world. The Global Ambassadors Program connects extraordinary women leaders for mentorship opportunities.
In each country that hosts a Global Ambassadors Program, we bring together between eight and twelve Global Ambassadors (mentors) to participate in a week-long program that includes leadership development trainings, one-on-one and group mentoring sessions with eight to twelve women leaders (mentees) from around the world who are at a tipping point in terms of their professional, business and leadership paths.
The Global Ambassadors Program in Australia will be centered on the theme of “Women’s Advancement in Growing Economies” and will focus on furthering the economic empowerment of women leaders in business and social enterprise from countries in the Asia Pacific region, from businesswomen, entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs who lead small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to non-profit / NGO leaders, through structured dialogues, trainings and mentoring sessions. Engaging eight to twelve Global Ambassadors to serve as trainers, mentors and guides, the program will create a lasting impact and initiative for the participating Asia Pacific mentee businesswomen and social entrepreneurs.
Mentees will be women leaders from countries in the Asia Pacific region who are either :
- leaders of non-profit organizations and institutions
- businesswomen, entrepreneurs or social entrepreneurs
Eligible countries include :
American Samoa, Australia, Cambodia, Cook Islands, East Timor, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna.
APPLICANT (Mentee) SELECTION CRITERIA :
- All Program sessions will be conducted in English and mentees must be able to converse and present fluently in English.
- Applicants must have the capacity to take advantage of a senior business-minded executive as a mentor (i.e. must be able to develop and implement strategic plans, marketing strategy or business plans).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting.
- The applicant must have been working in her existing organization / business for at least 5-7 years.
- The applicant’s business / organization should have a minimum annual sales turnover / annual operating budget of at least US$ 100,000 and a maximum annual turnover of US$ 5 million
- Applicants can be businesswomen, entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs or leaders of non-governmental organizations (NGO’s)
- Applicants must be the lead decision-maker within their company/organization. i.e. they should be the CEO / President / Managing Director / Owner / Founder etc.
- Applicants are interested in shaping the community dialogue about women’s advancement in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
Applicants are required to :
- Complete and submit this online Application Questionnaire
- Submit a two-minute video (described in the last section of this application)
This online application process may take up to 2 hours to complete. Applications should be submitted by Tuesday 31st May 2016. Any incomplete applications, or any applications received after Tuesday 31st May 2016 will not be considered. Applications submitted without the 2 minute video will not be considered.
For More Information: