Application Deadline: 30 April 2016, 23:59pm (GMT+1).
The College of Europe Natolin Campus, the German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) and the Polish-American Freedom Foundation announce a call for applications for the fourth edition of the Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy (WEASA).
WEASA 2016 edition will be devoted to the issue of “Regional Policy and Regional Development: Euro-Atlantic Support to Eastern Partnership Countries”. WEASA 2016 program aims to introduce participants to the changes in priorities and architecture of external support introduced in 2015 by the European Union and the United States; provide a forum for dialogue on shaping future support based on EaP comments, concerns, expectations and recommendations, and examine four areas within regional policy and regional development.
Within the broad theme of regional policy and regional development, and with an overarching theme of external trans-Atlantic support, we propose that WEASA 2016 should concentrate on the following topics:
- Cross-border cooperation;
- Central-regional relations, including the role of regional elites;
- Regional security and crisis management dimension;
- Clusters development and economic growth.
- Up-and-coming policy analysts, experts, advisers, public servants, private sector specialists, journalists and NGOs from the Eastern Partnership region (i.e. Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine), focusing on the issues of European integration, regional policy and regional development, management of external support, and/or state transformation processes and transatlantic cooperation to submit their applications for WEASA’s 2016 edition.
The WEASA program will be delivered by prominent academics and analysts from leading European and American think tanks, as well as high-level officials and practitioners.
Travel, boarding and accommodation will be covered by WEASA. The WEASA 2016 edition is scheduled for 4-15 July, 2016. WEASA 2016 Rules of Procedure are avaliable here.
To apply please proceed to the online application form.
Please consult WEASA application requirements.