Application Deadline: 9th April, 2018, 11:59pm IST
India is now poised to transition to a higher level of prosperity. By 2047, the centenary of India’s independence, most Indians could conceivably join the ranks of the global middle class.
What will it take to make this happen?
Is it improving the quality of education for school children? Or is it better healthcare for all? Does India’s future lie in developing dynamic, liveable and sustainable cities that can be engines of growth for the country? Or does it lie in ensuring that agriculture produces more using less water? Or is it simply in making sure that every Indian looking for a job finds one that can sustain them and their families?
Take a photograph capturing what you think should be India’s key development priority and send it to us.
The winner will get to visually document a World Bank project in India.
- The Contest is open to all Indian nationals: everyone interested in India’s development is encouraged to participate.
- Individuals are limited to one submission each.
- World Bank Group staff, including Consultants, Interns, Contractors and their families, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
1. All photos must be submitted India Country Engagement Dialogue – Online event page.
2. The caption must be written in English and should not be more than 100 words.
3. The caption should be accompanied by the hashtag #IndiaWeWant.
4. The submission must be a hi-resolution jpeg/jpg image.
5. A panel of judges comprising professional photographers and leaders from the development field will judge the contest. Their decision will be final.
6. Submissions will be judged based on the following Criteria: (1) Relevance to the topic; (2) creativity; (3) and aesthetics of the photograph.
7. All submissions received after the deadline will not be considered eligible for the competition.
8. Pictures should not have visible watermarks, including of the name of the photographer, or any other information. (These details can be included in the metadata of the pictures but must not be visible on the picture itself).
A pool of finalists will be selected and the winning submissions will be recognized. The winner will get to visually document a World Bank project in India. The top 10 pictures will also be featured in a flagship World Bank publication. Apart from this, selected photographs will be showcased via the World Bank India social media channels and other digital channels.
Extended Deadline: 9th April, 2018, 11:59pm IST
For More Information: