Application Deadline- 31 January 2019
Through this fund Yesod supports Jewish community professionals and educators in Europe to develop their professional skills and Jewish fluency (Jewish knowledge, understanding and how to apply it in your work). We are committed to supporting the creation of vibrant, meaningful, Jewish life through strong communities driven by inspired and engaged individuals.
Scope of support
Funds from $250 – $2,000 (US Dollars) will be awarded on a one-time basis for applications from eligible individuals in the calendar year. The funds must be spent within 8 months of receiving fund confirmation from Yesod. Funds will be paid directly to the organization, trainer or consultant providing the professional development service. Money will not be received directly by the applicant.
Funds will be awarded to Jewish community professionals and educators who:
- Work professionally in Jewish organizations of all types, including (but not limited to) youth organizations, Jewish Community Centers (JCCs), synagogues, welfare and cultural organizations.
- Are based in one of the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
- Have at least 6 months of experience working professionally in the Jewish community.
- Have not already had a successful application to this fund in the same calendar year.
- Funds will not be granted for training/learning opportunities that have already taken place.
Deadlines are as follows. Applicants will be contacted with a decision approximately 4 – 6 weeks after the deadline.
31 January 2019 / 31 March 2019 / 31 May 2019 / 31 July 2019 / 30 September 2019 / 30 November 2019
- Read the guidelines carefully and ensure that you are eligible.
- Apply using the online application form. The application includes a description of what you want to do with the funds, including a budget.
- Within 30 days of completing the professional development opportunity you will be required to submit a short report describing the course of study, key lessons learned, how this has impacted you directly and plans to use your new expertise in your work.
- Payment will be made for an agreed US Dollar amount and paid in local currency via wire transfer, using the exchange rate at the time of payment.
- For more information please contact us at email@example.com
For More Information: