Young Water Fellowship 2018
The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
Each year, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
The YWF 2018 will focus on social entrepreneurship. Young people with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues are welcome to apply.
Young Water Solutions invites all young social entrepreneurs aged 18 to 30 years old, to apply to the Young Water Fellowship (YWF) 2018 edition. This program offers training, mentorship and seed-funding for young leaders from low and middleincome countries with innovative ideas on how to solve local water, sanitation or other water management issues in their communities.
The YWF 2018 edition will focus on social entrepreneurship. In partnership with cewas, Young Water Solutions will give 10 young entrepreneurs (‘’Fellows’’) the opportunity to participate in Cewas’ Start-up Training Programme. Fellows will also be assigned mentors, get the chance to exponentially increase their supporting networks in the water and entrepreneurship sectors, and apply for seed-funding for the first steps of implementation of their social enterprises.
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a resident from this list of low and middle income countries.
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 13th to September 14th2018 (note that these dates might be subject to change),
- All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates must fill in an online form and record a 2-minute video about their initiative.
For More Information: