Youth Service America 2018 Global Youth Service Day Lead Agency Program
YSA is now accepting applications for the 2018 Global Youth Service Day Lead Agency Program. With the generous support of State Farm, the program offers organizations funding, recognition, and ongoing capacity-building training to organize high-impact, high-visibility youth-led projects for Global Youth Service Day (April 20-22, 2018). As the official organizer of Global Youth Service Day (GYSD) in their region, GYSD Lead Agencies build a coalition of K-12 schools, youth development organizations, and community-based organizations in their region to activate youth.
Lead Agencies serve as the local organizers of this global campaign throughout the United States. The Lead Agency Program’s primary goal is develop partnerships with local schools and organizations to activate youth, ages 5-25, to acquire 21st Century Skills by solving real community problems through youth-led service or service-learning projects. The second goal of the program is to help develop or strengthen the capacity of your organization as you plan GYSD. From October to April, YSA will provide resources, conference calls and webinars, trainings, and technical assistance.
- A planning grant of up to $1,000.
- Ongoing online capacity-building trainings emphasizing event planning, effective practices, engagement of public officials/media, youth leadership, and strategies to maximize year-round impact.
- Resources, newsletters, webinars, and support from YSA and other Lead Agencies.
- Networking opportunities with other Lead Agencies.
- Preference for your organization for other YSA grant programs.
- Automatic membership in the Global Youth Service Network.
- Serve as the leader of Global Youth Service Day 2018 in your city, region, or state.
- Convene and coordinate multi-sector GYSD partnerships, including youth leaders, to plan and implement your GYSD activities.
- Collaborate with your GYSD partners to organize GYSD project(s) and/or celebration event(s).
- With your partner coalition, engage at least 500 youth volunteers in meaningful service projects during GYSD, April 20-22, 2018.
- Engage local State Farm representatives in service project planning, implementation, and outreach.
- Promote your GYSD activities through media and social media and to community leaders and public officials.
- Track and report impact on the scale, diversity, visibility, youth outcomes, and community outcomes of your GYSD activities.
Community-based organizations (including youth development organizations and afterschool programs, local government agencies, volunteer centers, AmeriCorps and national service programs, state service commissions, faith-based organizations, community coalitions, etc.) located in the 50 U.S. states + DC are eligible to apply.
While we encourage organizations outside the U.S. to participate in GYSD and apply to be a Community Partner, only U.S.-based organizations are eligible for this grant.
- July and August 2017 – Lead Agencies applications are accepted
- End of September 2017 – Lead Agency applicants notified of grant status
- October 2017 – Start of Lead Agency Program
- October 2017 to April 2017 – GYSD planning supported by ongoing training & technical assistance
- April 20-22, 2018 – Global Youth Service Day
For More Information: